Part CEO, part personal development wonk, and part biohacker info geek, Thom King is a self-confessed serial entrepreneur. While his favourite book list contains many success oriented and personal-development classics, the traditional definition of achieving success (e.g. make a lot of money) is not what inspires or motivates King. He follows more of a “you aren’t doing well unless you’re also doing some good” line of thinking.
King’s company has been built around the simple principle of “do the right thing.” In 1999, Thom’s personal passion for food and his concern over the explosion of metabolic disease led him to found Steviva Brands, now known as Icon Foods, with a mission to stem the tide of “diabesity” by providing consumers healthy alternatives to sugar. In recent years, his passion for food and optimal health have intersected with his embrace of a ketogenic (low carb, high fat) diet. Thom’s latest project is a line of ketogenic condiments intended to help more people successfully adopt a healthier lifestyle.
DURING THIS EPISODE WE TALK ABOUT:
• Thom’s story and why he decided to start following the keto diet.
• Thom’s experience with adopting a keto lifestyle.
• The challenges Thom faced whilst transitioning over to a keto diet.
• The best food sources to eat when following a keto diet.
• The benefits of using mainly fats as an energy source as opposed to carbohydrates.
• The cholesterol myth explained.
• Why Thom’s morning rituals such as journaling are so important to him.
• Thom”s recent experience with adrenal fatigue and he overcame it.
• How Thom built a multi million dollar business.
• Thom’s advice on how to create better work-life balance.
• How Thom started developing non artificial, natural sweeteners.
• The truth about artificial sweeteners and why they are not ideal for your health.
RATINGS & REVIEWS
If you liked this episode then please head over to iTunes to give this podcast a rating and review, this is the best way for this podcast to reach more people and help them optimise their body. Also please share this podcast link to any friends or family who you think will benefit from this podcast.
WHERE ELSE CAN I LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST
Currently, you can listen to this podcast on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher or Castbox.