Better known as Vegainz Coach, Mike Case turned to a fully plant based diet around 6 years ago. Mike has been a strength coach for well over 10 years, first starting out in the UK, before training in NZ and now based in Melbourne, Australia. I eat an omnivorous diet so Vegainz and I have a huge debate on whether or not eating a vegan diet is optimal for overall health and performance. We also had different points of view on the recent “Game changers documentary”.
DURING THIS EPISODE WE TALK ABOUT:
• Why Vegainz coach switched over to a plant based diet from an omnivorous diet
• Our opinion on plants vs meat for nutrient density
• Our viewpoint on whether or not meat is bad for your health
• Nutrient deficiencies to look out for on a vegan diet
• We have heated debate on the studies done on plants reversing heart disease
• We exchange ideas on the lifestyle factors leading to the obesity and chronic illness epidemic
• The game changers movie debate
• Nutrition in relation to erectile dysfunction
• Debate on heart disease and it’s link to meat consumption
• How Vegainz eats and his advice on how to eat a healthy plant based diet
• Cholesterol- is it good or bad?
• The pros and cons of fish consumption
• How to get omega 3 fatty acids from plant sources
• Mental health and the importance of human connection
• Mike’ insight on the impact of animal products on the environment
• The most effective way to lift weights for most people
• The importance of mobility for maximum results
RATINGS & REVIEWS
If you liked this episode then please head over to iTunes to give this podcast a rating and review, this is the best way for this podcast to reach more people and help them optimise their body. Also please share this podcast link to any friends or family who you think will benefit from this podcast.
WHERE ELSE CAN I LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST
Currently, you can listen to this podcast on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher or Castbox.